Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vintage Ornaments

I've got a big soft spot for vintage ornaments.
The classic designs, painted glass, muted colors, and the memories attached to them, really make adore these gems.
My grandmother, being 93, has some incredibly gorgeous ornaments from the 1940's 


This design is inspired by one particular set that has always 
captured my attention ever since I was a child. 
I'd sit in front of her tree and admire the lights bouncing 
off these beautiful works of art.

Alas, my grandmother in her older years has since stopped 
with her holiday decorations, so I don't have a photo of them, 
but I know they are packed away safely, and 
one day perhaps I'll convince her to give them to me.
Until then, I tried to capture the look in this design.

PRODUCTS USED:

PRO Nail Systems Base Coat
Icing Polish in - Manic Monday
ULTA Polish in  - Jaded
China Glaze in - Fairy Dust
Hurricane Nail Art Striper in - Gold
Holographic Silver Star Sequins
1mm Red Round Rhinestones
Sally's Beauty Secrets Top Coat

To see how I achieved this look, please stop by my 
YouTube channel

8 comments:

nicoletta said...

Looks fab. I love those types of decorations too xx

nicoletta said...

Looks fab. I love those types of decorations too xx

Rory said...

This looks AMAZING! I wish I could do something this festive!

BellasUnhaseCia said...

Perfeito!
Ficou muito lindo!
beijos

Perfect!
was very beautiful!
kisses

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

Love the ornaments, I'm lucky enough to have inherited a couple from my mother. (she'd be 81 if she were still alive.)
This mani is so pretty! My favorite of all you've done so far.

Anonymous said...

Great nailart :D

Halle Anderson said...

These are such pretty holiday nails! Great blog! Come visit me at www.HalleAnderson.com

JQ said...

Oh I love this one! I dig those star sprinkles!