Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Circus Glitters - A Comparison


 
Ever since
Happy Birthday polish hit the scene, 
we've seen a multitude of companies come out with
their own variations of this polish.

So, I decided to do a small comparison 
with the ones that I currently have.
I commonly refer to these glitter polishes as
Circus or Carnival Glitters, 
because that is exactly what they remind me of.

These little parties in a bottle can be worn alone, 
or layered with many other polishes to give
you tons of unique looks.



Party Of Five Glitters

This Wet n Wild polish came out with their newly
released Fast Dry collection.
Small & medium sized hexagons in shades of 
Silver, Light Blue, Green, Magenta & Red 
all in a clear jelly base.
Retails for $1.99 in most drug stores





Gems

This circus glitter came out with 
Milani's Jewel FX collection, which consists of
3 highly dense glitter polishes in Silver,Gold and Gems,
all in a clear jelly base.
Again, this has small & medium hexagons in shades of
 Silver, Light Blue, Green, Magenta, Red, & Gold. 
This polish, unlike the Wet n Wild one is very densely packed,
and you can achieve opaqueness with just 2 coats.
Retails on average of $4.99 in most drug stores.




Afternoon Picnic

Klean Color's Afternoon Picnic is the most unique of 
all the polishes in that it have a very wide range of hexagons,
ranging from small to quite large hexagons.
All in a clear jelly base, the hexagon colors are, 
Silver, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Green, & Magenta.
Retails on average $1.00 - $4.00 and can be found at
some specialty beauty shops and also at kleancolor.com





While I do not own Happy Birthday myself,
from what I can tell of the countless swatches I've seen,
is that Afteroon Picnic comes closest in the color range,
while Milani's Gems comes closest in density and sizing of glitter.

Either way, this gives you a small insight 
to some of the Circus glitters that are currently available to you, 
and they all offer something special!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this kind of polish!!
But I still prefer the deborah lippmann, the mix of colors is my favorite one!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am dreaming about these polishes.

Anonymous said...

I'd love Afternoon Picnic layerd over a black or white polish.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad someone finally posted this comparison. I had been dying to know the difference since they all look similar in the bottle. Party of Five Glitters is still my fave :D!

Natalie said...

Hi there!
I've awarded you with a blog award! Check out the details on my blog: http://nataliesecretcode.blogspot.com/2011/04/won-award-d.html

Congrats!!

Hearts, Nat

Kacee said...

Where can you purchase klean color polishes?

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

I've only found Klean color polishes in a couple of small local beauty supply shops, but they have a website that you can purchase from, the link is in the post.

Anonymous said...

I like afternoon picnic better, looks stunning!