Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cool Zebra

Hi Everyone! 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Summer so far!
Things have been a little slow on my blog, and I do apologize for that!
As my kids get older, every Summer, every holiday, it seems to 
be increasingly more difficult to find time and reign them in...
and I haven't even reached the teens yet!
YIKES!

But I do have a new design today, and I've also got some
hauls and swap posts coming up as well.

So today, I've got a blue turquoise gradient zebra print. 
I don't know why, but I always associate animal prints 
with Summer, I guess it is just the boldness and the fun of them.
I always like using unusual color combinations with my prints too
to keep it even more interesting.
I've had several people comment that this feels more aquatic, 
and reminds them of drifting seaweed....that works too!
This design was inspired by so many others I've seen, I just had to 
try it out and make it my own. 
I hope you like it!


The products I used were:

NYX Girls Polish in -Maven
Kleancolor in - Pastel Teal
Ruby Kisses in - Teal Envy
Kleancolor in - Neon Aqua
L.A. Colors Art Deco in - Black
Cosmetic Sponge
Aqua Doughnut Sequins
Black Rhinestones 2mm
Pearls 1mm
Hexagon Black Holo Glitter
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat


To see the full tutorial on this look,
please visit my YouTube channel




16 comments:

((dog pet))_PH said...

maravilhosaa essa unha. não some não, eu fico ligadinha aqui, já fiz vários que vc mostrou.

bjos..

Rebecca Kirsch said...

that is very pretty! love it.

Beyond Blush said...

gorgeous!

Thays said...

P E R F E C T!!! ART

Unknown said...

love it! please visit my blog for the daily nail! www.kasisglitzynails.blogspot.com I'd appreciate you helping get me started! Love,Kasi!

Girly Bits said...

I really love designs over gradients and sponging and things like that. Good job!

BeautyBehaved said...

this is very beautiful!
i love all the details!

<3 BB

NailsLikeLace said...

Very pretty! If you went with the seaweed idea on them, a seahorse on one nail as an accent nail would be super cute! :)

Iris said...

It looks very cute!!
I have a nail art on my blog what looks like this. (It's not the same).

I really love this nail art!

xx
Iris

http://nailartbyiris.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

enjoy your summer too!
I looove your mani!

Maia P said...

I'll definitely try this :D
It look very underwater..and I love water!
~Maia

Rita said...

Wow this is such a lovely design! I seriously want to try it out! Love it!
--xoxo Maddie♥

Maia P said...

I was looking at your stash of nail polishes..(god you have alot XD) and I saw that you had Psychedelic Scene by Color Club..And I have that polish too! (In fact it's my only one by Color Club Lol)

~Maia

Maia P said...

And I have Cloud 9 too.. xD

JQ said...

Holy this is gorgeous! I love the hot turquoise gradation over the sparkles! Beauty.

Angi Ghita said...

Wow, it loks great. Beautifull combination.
I'm waiting you on my new blog. You will find a nice tutorial: http://colorsandnails.blogspot.com/2011/08/two-colors-mixed-dots-tutorial.html