Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm So Crafty LOL

So...the infamous nail polish enabler, Scrangie has struck again. Yes, Scrangie brings all our nail polish addictions to new heights. Ahh, but we love her and her blog has a swatch for just about any nail polish out there. If you aren't familiar with her, I highly recommend you check out her blog.(Listed in " my blog list") OK, back to the topic at hand. About a month or so ago, Scrangie posted a blog, complete with swatches of Barielle's new Spring 2010 WildFlower collection. Typical spring colors and I wasn't overly impressed, except with one.







This little gem is called "JuneBug".It is a light teal with purplish/magenta glitter. Seems pretty simple but it was love at first sight. I had to have it.
There was just 1 problem. Barielle isn't sold by me, in fact I'm not if it's sold in the states at all(don't quote me on that)The only place I CAN purchase Barielle from is their website. Bummer. Not a complete loss though. But, they didn't have it listed on the site! NOOOO! Being the impatient person I am, I decided to make a Franken, to re-create this amazing color. I searched and searched for just the right color and finally I found it at ICING. ICING, is a part of Claire's Accessories, in case you aren't familiar with the store. The color is called "Laura's Fave"
 







I brought it home, and added about 1/2 teaspoon of magenta glitter and VIOLA! My very own JuneBug.







Of course JuneBug is now available on Barielle's site, but I'm quite content with mine. Barielle polishes retail for $8.00 plus shipping, for us unfortunate enough not to have them locally. The glitter I already had, & the ICING polish cost me $4.00. Pretty good deal if I do say so myself. Don't be afraid to try making your own polishes, it's alot of fun seeing what kind of results you'll get.

2 comments:

3D Nail Art said...

Very creeative way of getting desired results for less! I love it. You're giving me some great ideas. =)

Unknown said...

I love that Icing polish, now I only wish we had Icing in NYC
Bummer!