Monday, May 2, 2011

Hedy's Body Shop - Gel Nail Art

While browsing in Rite-Aid the other day,
I came across these
Bejeweled gel nail art stickers, by Hedy's Body Shop.





Never seeing anything quite like it before, I decided to pick 
a package up and give them a go.


The aren't decals, or stickers in the basic sense, 
but rather a thick gel with the image embedded in it. 



Each one is has a basic oval shade, with sizes ranging
from small to large to fit every nail.

I really thought they might be too thick, but once apply to the nails,
they lay down nice and smooth. 

I did cut a few of them down since I decided to 
caddy-corner them on my existing mani.
The adhesive is very strong and no top coat is needed.


My only gripe, 
though I know the camera isn't picking it up, 
is the have a slight beige tint to them, 
so if you are applying them on certain colors, 
you may be able to see the subtle difference in color.
I've had them on for a couple of days now and they haven't
shifted or lifted in any way.
I'd say these are pretty cute when you are wanting a
quick little perk to your mani.
They had a total of 4 designs available
and retail for $ 2.99 per pack.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi,Dolly! I saw these stickers at my Sally Beauty Supply the other day. I was really curious about them,and am glad you posted them!

Akuma Kanji said...

I saw these yesterday too but I didn't buy them 'cause I thought they wouldn't stick well on the nail, it gave me the impression that they would start peeling from the sides o_O

Jessi said...

Those are so cute! I wonder if I can find them cuz I'll give them a try.

Great blog! ♥

Lavender and Twill said...

~ * ♥ * ~

So cool! I am wondering if I will be able to find any in Australia, 'coz I so want to give these a try.... O . O

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

JuLiAnnE @ Bathroom Dancer said...

That's so cute! Loves it!

Ash said...

Ohh crazy! They are cool! Ill go on an ebay hunt! :)

Callie said...

I absolutley love this!!!! I'll have to get some :)

Brenda said...

I bought all the ones with the skull & crossbones(like the ones you show) at my Rite-Aide but haven't tried them yet. Thank you for sharing. I think they had some with stars & hearts that glow in the dark too.