Friday, January 8, 2010

REVIEW: Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Collection






Sally Hansen has come out with a new collection.  Complete Salon Manicure. It claims to have all 5 steps, in one simple bottle.

Base Coat
Strenghtener
Growth Treatment
Color
Top Coat

Sounds too good to be true?? Well let's take a better look.

So here's a brochure I picked up from my local Walgreen's, there are 28 colors total in the new line. Retailing for on average for $7.99, these seem like a pretty good deal. I think the color selection is great. Polish formula is very similar to the Insta-Dry collection. something else that is the same; the flat tapered brush.


Many people are intimidated by this brush, and all I can say is, don't be. The large flat brush covers more nail space, equaling a quicker paint job and the tapered tip ensures you getting around the nail bed with ease.They go on easily and most with only a single coat.  Now, most of the time, i wear artificial nails, so it's difficult to test the durability of polishes, since they wear differently on real nails. So I had my gf try them out on her natural nails and for her to tell me her thoughts at the end of the week.. On her left hand, she wore 2 coats of polish and nothing else, on her right hand she wore 2 coats in addition to a top coat (Seche Vite). After 5 days of wear, her right hand was still in pretty good shape with only some very minor chipping. On the left hand, however, she had severe chipping and some peeling.
Would I re-buy these? Personally, yes. I'm loving the colors and the polish is great on artificial nails. But natural nail girls beware.....touch-ups will be in your future when using these polishes!
Here are 3 of the colors I picked up from Target.


"Gilty Pleasures"
This is a really unique burnished gold



"Thinking Of Blue"
A classic navy and a great dupe for China Glaze's "Bermuda Breakaway"

 
"Commander In Chic"
This is the fall "it" color. A great dusty gray-brown with a hint of lavender. It comes close to the infamous "Metro Chic" by O.P.I. by Sephora


So, while Sally Hansen makes a great claim on these polishes and they have a great color selection, the wear & tear on these polishes aren't great. My recommendation to you is if you pick up any of these polishes, wear a good base & top coat.  I give then 3 stars out of 5.



0 comments: