Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Small Haul....Big on Color...

 Now,I must confess that lately, 
I've been trying my hardest to avoid the nail polish displays in ANY store, because I've just got SO much....but as any self-respecting nail polish addict would know, this is much easier said than done.

I was strolling down the cosmetics isle in my local Walgreen's today, innocently wandering towards the shampoo when something caught my eye.
My first response to myself was 
"KEEP WALKING!"
But the light was hitting the display in just a way that all the sparkly goodness was drawing me in.

 I just had to stop and look.

The new spring Sally Hansen SALON Manicure collection was perfectly on display right in front of my eyes.

Shimmery
multi-dimensional
beautiful


It's been a while since I've seen a polish that makes me weak in the knees with lust....but here I was in the middle of the store, wobbling on two feet like a 13 yr. old seeing her 1st crush.

These colors are just like nothing I've seen in a while!! 
In the midst of all my giddy excitement, I threw 7 bottles in my cart.

After walking through the store and talking myself down,
I decided to choose the best 4 polishes out of what I had.


"Lagoon"

This is an AMAZING teal, with gold & green pearl undertones. 
I love teal, I own alot of teal polishes...and this one is going straight to the top of my list.

"Sea And Be Seen"

This is a Periwinkle, a purple-ish-blue shade with the finest grade of sliver and teal glitter in it. You've got to see it in person,
my camera just couldn't capture the uniqueness of this color.


"Silver Lining"

Another incredibly unique color. 
What an appropriate name.
This is a silver with ultra fine grade teal glitter. 
I've never seen anything quite like it. When in direct light, it is almost like a dual-chrome bouncing back from the teal to the silver.
Simply gorgeous.

"Hidden Treasure"

Well ain't that the truth.
Oh. My. God.
This color is right up there with Nfu-Oh, maybe even better.
Oh yeah, I said it.
In the picture it is almost a creamy yellow, but it's not even close.
It's a cross between a gold and a lime...but does it matter? 
Nope, cause it's what's inside that is pure heaven.
Opalescent flame orange-red chunky flakes with just a hint of green.
It's essentially a top coat to make even the most boring of colors literally come to life.
If there was ever a color that I were to say you MUST have, it is this gem right here.

9 comments:

Lolitadewdrop said...

I don't blame you at all! Those are wonderful finds!!

jo.frougal said...

Give yourself a pat on the back for snagging these while you can. That was good (and quick) thinking -- resolution or no!

Claire's Blog said...

Nice shades !

jaljen said...

When do we see them swatched?????

Lissi said...

I am so jealous that everyone has been finding Hidden Treasures lately.... except me. LOL! Can't wait to see it.

Congrats!

Unknown said...

I feel ill, I still have yet to find these :(

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

I know, everyone seems to be having so much trouble finding them. I'm seriously considering going back to pick them up and have a giveaway for them!

Unknown said...

@ Dollface- and I would be the first person to enter, I so want Hidden treasure, sea or be seen and Lagoon!

Lissi said...

LOL! If Jackie S. is the first to enter, I'd be a close 2nd. =)