Monday, November 29, 2010

Shop Update-Adressing The Concerns

Many of you have contacted me regarding a recent post from a fellow blogger regarding my new shop, Painted Lady Fingers.

As many of you know, I have been hard working on, 
and have recently announced my latest en-devour, 
my new shop, Painted Lady Fingers,
which carries an array of my hand painted nail designs and nail supplies. 
I chose this name for no other reason than I thought it unique 
and wanted to stand out from other Etsy shops 
carrying similar merchandise as myself. 
Unbeknownst to me, there is a blog, which many of you follow, 
by this same name. 
I love the nail blog community, and everyone in it, 
but one thing to say, is that we are many! 
Though I know and enjoy SO many of you, 
there are still SO many of you I've yet to discover 
and contrary to the belief of some, Diana's blog is one of 
many I've yet to come across.

I would NEVER do something so malicious and so utterly disrespectful
as to take someone else's name, regardless of what purpose I chose to use it for.
I take the blame myself, as I checked with Etsy to make sure there were no shops by this name, or remotely close to this name, but I did fail to do a larger search outside of the Etsy community.

While I am bothered and deeply upset for being accused 
of something that I did NOT do, 
namely THEFT, 
not to mention it was in complete poor taste for a
public"stoning" 
without ever contacting me. 
I will still be polite and respectful during this situation.


While Diana has no rights to the name
Painted Lady Fingers
and I have every legal right to use it, 
I've decided out of respect, 
that I will indeed change the name.
I am currently speaking with Etsy to work on getting 
the name changed as soon as possible, or if all else fails, 
I will simply close the shop, and re-start another. 

I want to thank all of you for your concerns and for being so supportive, both to her and to myself.

10 comments:

Joice said...

I'm so happy that all this got sorted out and was just a coincidence :) I follow both your blogs and I love them equally.

Dainty Darling Digits said...

I'm happy to see things sorted out. I figured you hadn't heard of her blog, I myself only did recently and I've been following nail blogs for quite awhile. I do think she could have done you both a favor and sent you a private message regarding the issue before making a very public- and kind of rude- post.

Anonymous said...

Following blogs myself for a long time and never heard of it either, I commend you for being a woman about it, cause she Whew! Was totally wrong for the way she handle it. I’m sure you will find a better and more unique name…..

Anonymous said...

hey love..wow im so out of the loop..had no idea this was all going on..if they knew you they would have known it was totally innocent and you honestly didnt know...we cant know EVERYONE out on the internet...just because she is known by sooo many people doesnt mean everyone knows who she is..but lesson learned the hard why I guess..But i do think you were treated unfairly.I dont think it was right for others to jump down your throat when it was between you and Lady fingers...hopefully this all gets sorted out and smooths over...we all make mistakes,no one is perfect!! and dont let all the hatefulness bring you down because like i said if they knew you they wouldnt have reacted like they did <3

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words, I appreciate them SO much, more than I could possibly express!

Kimmie said...

Oh my! I know you did not do this on purpose. You're such a nice person. If she does not have the documentation for copyright on her blog name then you have all legal rights to use it! I feel so bad for you that you have to change your name. :(

Akuma Kanji said...

You'll sort it out honey! You're one of the best around us! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have seen your youtube blog, and saw that you needed help for a new name. Unfortunately i dont have a youtube blog, so i'd give my idea on this blog, if you have not found the perfect name yet. i know it is kind of the same as 'painted lady fingers' but what about 'unique lady fingers' or something like that. then you still keep 'your' name, without taking her name. Good luck
Loves from Denmark

Konad-licious said...

That's nice of you to take this so well. No blog name is actually illegal to "take" for shop names or server addresses unless ythe original person registers it as a domain name with a server.
So you are quite within your right to use that name for your Etsy store. Just a FYI!!

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

Thank you everyone! And Thank you Konad-licous for your information. What many are unaware of, is that I have personally dealt copyright infringement before, so I know EXACTLY what I can and cannot do or use. I am very aware that I have EVERY legal right to this name. I was attempting to do nothing more but show my respect in changing it. And frankly, after all the harassment that I have had from her,public and otherwise, I want no part of the name, or wish to have my hard work affiliated with this person.