Saturday, March 6, 2010

Find a job you love....


My mother has given me loads of advice of the course of my life. Some has fallen on deaf ears,...ok, ok, most of it.  But some has been truly a goldmine of knowledge.
1 such piece of advice she told me was...


" Find what you love most in this world, 
then find a way to make money doing it! "

That little gem still sits with me.
But I'm getting ahead of myself....onto the blog!



Mention the word, PlayDough to my mother and she will go into a 30 minute babble about how I, as a young child( 6-8 yrs. old) used to make the most wonderful miniature food with my PlayDough. Bacon & Eggs, ice cream, hamburgers, and my favorite, birthday cake. I really couldn't tell you why I've always had a love an fascination with making these little mini goodies. But, what I can tell you is that the love has never died. When I see a container of Playdough, I light up & giggle like a 3 yr. old.

My daughter, who just turned 10 has really been into these miniature food jewelry pieces lately. I bought a necklace for her with a smiling marshmallow and the moment I saw it, all those giddy feelings came back in a "whoosh"
I quickly found out what type of clay was used, etc...and ran to my nearest Michael's . The clay is pretty cheap, so you know I had to buy just about every color they make....yeah, no one can ever complain about me doing a half-ass way of anything. It's either all or nothing with me LOL

I had a bit of down time this morning, so I pulled out the clay with my daughter eagerly peering over my shoulder. As per her request, this what I made for her.

 

  

 

It was pure innocent joy that I felt while making these.
Somehow, I know that a pile of these gems will grow quite rapidly, and with that, perhaps a new business will bloom?
My mother's words quickly ran back into my head, and I couldn't help but think...

  Should I sell these?


What do YOU think?

18 comments:

nihrida said...

That's one great advice your mother gave you. =)
If you feel like selling these, why not? I'm sure there are plenty of girls who'd like to get their hands on these. =)

Lissi said...

SELL! I would buy one in a heartbeat. They are ADORABLE!

Seriously, let me know if you decide to sell something. I'd gladly be one of your first customers!

-Lissi
Nail Addicts Anonymous
http://nailaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

Ok, seriously - I need one of these in the shape of a nail polish bottle STAT!!!! Brooke at getchanailsdid@yahoo.com

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

What nail polish color would ya want?

Dainty Darling Digits said...

These are adorable and you are so talented! I wish I could do that.

I agree you should do little polish bottles! And go for it- etsy is great for this stuff :)

Brooke said...

Totally HOT PINK!!!!

Unknown said...

If you start selling these please let me know
chromaticmisadventures@gmail.com
I NEED that cupcake!!!

You are very talented, have fun!!!

sarahloo said...

HELL YES you should sell these! they are adorable. I would buy one!

sarahloo said...

p.s. the lollipops are my favorite :D

Lissi said...

Oh and would you post a picture of the nail polish bottle if you make it? I'd love to purchase one of those too!

Lissi4naa(at)gmail(dot)com

Doo ♥ said...

So adorable! Go for it! There's never too much cuteness in the world/Etsy-shops ^^

chocaddict said...

Gof or it! They are simply adorable :) Be sure to let us know the day your open your shop

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

You REALLY need to do this! If you love it ~ do it! I would be one of your first customers!

:B
~Tiffani

Unknown said...

selll !!! they're so lovely !!

Jenny$1983 said...

You MUST sell these, they're ridiculously good! You're so talented, you should definitely make money from this. The lollipops especially are amazing!!

Suzanna said...

hey doll! HECK YES you should sell! these are way too cute! Im a new follower and love all of these :)
good luck with your shop

xxx suzanna

Niki* said...

OMG these are awesome!! do you do any custom requests? could you make a necklace charm in a bacon strip???

*drool*

let me know
Niki*
polishondigitalpaper@gmail.com

Unknown said...

omg!!! great work :)