Monday, May 16, 2011

I Love My......Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat


 I think that Sally Hansen's 
Insta-Dri top coat is one of the best, yet one of the most over-looked top coats available on the market today.


I, myself am guilty  for walking by this little gem on several occasions.

But, a few months back, fellow YouTuber Mary, aka Getting Nailed
did a test of several different top coats.
She tested the speed of dryness 
durability, and most importantly, the smudge proof test.

Don't know what I' referring to?
Let me give you an example.
Have you ever painted a nail design, 
and then wanting to seal in your hard work, you applied a top coat only to have it smear your work?

Oh yes, we've all been there.

With Mary's testing, she proved that Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri not only dried just as fast as some other main top coats such as Seche Ultra V & OPI Top Coat, but each and every application was smear-free.


And ever since then, it has become a staple in my daily nail life!
I still have a few other top coats lingering around, and if I'm applying just a single wash of color, but for all the designs I do, THIS
is the only top coat I'll ever use!

What's your favorite top coat?
Have you tried Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat before?

9 comments:

Heather Michal said...

This is definitely my favorite top coat. I have been using it for YEARS! (Not the same one, obviously!) I also have a China Glaze patent leather top coat that I love but it takes FOREVER to dry and it smudges SO bad. You literally can't use your fingers for like 30 minutes! But it is super shiny :)

Karolina said...

It's definitely going on my wish list :)

Jane said...

Love this topcoat!! Before I used Seche, which caused shrinkage and I didn't like how thick it was. SH has no shrinkage at all and it's nice and thin but still dries as fast as Seche :) I'm with ya!

Unknown said...

I didn't know it!!
Looks really cool!

Lavender and Twill said...

~ * ♥ * ~

I love SH InstaDri; I actually did a review of this polish when I bought it even though I don't normal do reviews. That's how awesome I thought it is; I just had to share! It's great for Konads too. ^ u ^

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I've tried this one and for some reason it never dried quickly on me. My go-to quick dry topcoat is Beauty Secrets fast finish, from Sally Beauty Supply.

Natalie said...

I have not ever tried this top coat.Didn't know it existed. All the top coats I have tried, are never fast-drying,even though they claim so. It bugs the you-know-what outta me,'cause I can't wait forever for my mani to dry,and alot times wind up with dents. Maybe I should try this!

Ari said...

I have never tried Seche Vite because it ain't 3 free but I recently got SH insta dri for nail art and I love it! it really does dry to the touch in 30 sec!!!

Unknown said...

I love the Sally Hansen Insta Dri! I bought it because I wanted a quick dry top coat that was cheaper than Seche. I also like the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.