Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Haul - Jessie's Girl, Oke Doke

While preparing for the next snow storm to hit,
I wandered into a local RiteAid and found some goodies!

Jessie's Girl New High Intensity Nail Color
I had literally just read about these yesterday over at
and I couldn't believe I'd gotten so lucky to find them so quickly!
She has the entire collection if you'd like to take a look.

So here is the display

 There are a total of 18 shades, including one 
named after the famed YouTuber, JulieG713

While the creams didn't scream "buy me",
the shimmers were to die for!

I choose 3 Glee, Firefly, and Confetti
and the 4th color I picked was
Midori, just cause I'm a sucker for a pretty Green.











 Glee - This is a gorgeous Teal intense shimmer with a Gold undertone.
This is a real stunner, 
and the pictures don't do it justice. 
From what I hear, this is an exact dupe for
    Zoya's Charla
OPI's Catch Me In Your Net 
and 
Orly's Haley’s Comet

I don't have any of those colors to do a side 
by side comparison,
but from what I have seen online, 
I'd have to say yes, this is pretty spot on, 
so if you missed out on those colors, 
I definitely recommend grabbing this one.



 Firefly - A dense Opal shimmer, this one is drool worthy. 
It stands well on it's one, and can also be a top coat for any other color. Think Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasures, but with a much finer glitter.




 Confetti - Another stunning color, in my opinion, the best of the lot. 
This color is VERY similar to Rescue Beauty Lounge's Scrangie
Only this has a much more intense shimmer.
FREAKING GORGEOUS!



Midori - Bright summer pearl Green. 
It's borderline neon, but not quite.
Not extremely unique, but like I said, 
I'm a sucker for Green's and I just couldn't 
seem to pass this one up.

This collection is amazing.  
The application, was smooth and flawless.
With every coat, the color and shimmer intensifies. 
This really is a appropriately named collection!
These retail for $ 2.99 each.



Right next to the Jessie's Girl Display was this one.

Hedy's Oke Doke Nail Color
Please forgive my crap-tastic photo on this display, 
in all my excitement, clearly I didn't focus LOL


This was just a 6 polish collection, 
and while the colors weren't extremely unique, 
the names were really cute.


Purple Nurple
Camo Loco
Goldielocks
Hot Tomato
Steal This Teal 
Pink This


I picked up 2




Camo Loco - a classic Olive Green shimmer. This color reminds me of B.B. Couture's Iced Olive. Super pretty.


Steal This Teal - This color is in the same family as 
American Apparel's Peacock. That dusty blue/teal color, only 
this has a slight Gold shimmer to it.
I'm very happy with this color and looking forward 
to using it in a future design.

These were a little bit streaky, 
but nothing another coat wouldn't cure.
They retail for $ 1.99 each



Lastly, I headed to Dollar Tree, to see if I could luck 
out and find some Sally Hansen Prism polishes.
No luck on that.
But, I did find loads of L.A.Colors Art Deco nail strippers 
that I grabbed for prizes to an upcoming contest 
I'm going to be having on YT.

I also picked up this duo








Anti Freeze - Ha, what a great name. 
This is a Blue toned-Opalescent glitter in a Green jelly.
This is definitely more of a top coat, rather than wear alone.

Arctic Violet -  A rich plum pearl with fine Silver shimmer.
On it's own, meh.
But topped with Anti-Freeze,
turns this color into almost something holographic. 
Impressive for 1 buck.



Here it is unfocused. You can see how the light really grabs onto the blue-toned Opal glitter.

And here it is focused. 
This is with 1 coat of Arctic Violet, with 1 coat of Anti-Freeze on top.


OH, before I forget, I want to thank everyone for their input 
on the Lisa Frank mani this weekend.

Since everyone enjoyed it so much, 
I decided to do a Lisa Frank series, 
and the first tutorial will go up this Thursday, 
so stay tuned!

I am off to go buckle things down and wait out this blizzard!
Be sure to stay warm!

7 comments:

L said...

awesome haul!

Unknown said...

Rite Aid..here I come! Thanks hun!

Megan Harmeyer said...

*sad* We don't have RiteAid in Albuquerque. Maybe I'll call my mom and see if she can pick up one or two for me.

Maria said...

Im Running To Rite Aid. LoL && I Cant Wait For Your Lisa Frank Collection! i Grew Up Buying Their Colorful School Supplies Hahaha

Mokja said...

want them ;)

mysweetie924 said...

I love your haul! i just finished watching JulieG's YT video about the Jessies Girl nail polishes and fell in love with the color Confetti, i will be on the look out for it the next time im in rite aid, and like you i always have to check out my dollar tree for the nail polishes. I own one of the sally hansen nail prisms and love it (i have it in diamond, a very silvery sparkle color)

Silence is Loud said...

all the colors look gorgeous!!!