Sunday, February 21, 2010

O.P.I Hong Kong Collection

 

I must say, I wasn't overly impressed with this selection. Perhaps it's just me, but I felt most of the colors were too muted and dull to be considered a "Spring" collection. None the less, I decided to head to the store and check them out. The first color that hit me is "Jade Is The New Black"
I have been on a green binge as of late and this shade isn't like anything I have. The color is a hunter green cream. Really lovely.  As always, O.PI.'S formula stands true, giving a very nice finish with only one coat....two for good measure.
In the end, I decided to grab 2 of the colors from this collection.


Jade Is The New Black & Hot & Spicy

Hot & Spicy is a a red based coral/orange. I'm big on corals during the warmer months, they just tend to suit my skin. So I decided to pick this one up as well. Again, the formula is great, smooth application. Only 1 coat is needed, but I always stick with 2. Drys fast, keeps a nice sheen.




Over all the collection....meh. But I am happy with these two colors and will definitely be using them in future tutorials, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

poshnail said...

You're right. OPI'formula is great, but the colors are so boring...

Dainty Darling Digits said...

I was also disappointed in this collection. It just was kinda meh.

sarahloo said...

I agree with this being rather "dull" for a spring collection...but I am CRAZY about these colors anyway! go figure :P